Corporate Event Planning Course Outline
Unit A of your Corporate Event Planning Course introduces you to the event planning industry and details your responsibilities as a corporate event planner. Learn about event components, goal setting and the planning process. You’ll also learn to develop event concepts with your clients, predict revenue and profit, secure funding, and select effective activities and collateral.
Learn what corporate event planning is as well as what your responsibilities entail in your role as a corporate planner. You’ll dive into the career opportunities in the corporate event planning industry, and learn the types of events you’ll expect to plan.
Study key event components and the procedures involved in the planning process. Find out what event concepts entail and how to define the 5 Ws of an event (who, what, when, where, and why).
Learn to set achievable and measurable event goals, and identify each event’s target audience. You’ll discover how to create and implement an event’s brand, as well as how to work with your clients to develop effective event concepts. Plus, learn about the guest experience in relation to the overall success of an event.
Study a 12-month event timeline example that illustrates the planning process. Learn how to create an accurate event budget.
Examine event admission pricing strategies, and explore possible funding sources such as internal funding, ticket sales, sponsorships and donations.
Find out how to implement business and social activities for corporate events to engage event attendees. You’ll learn how to choose and plan these activities, contract speakers and performers, and select appropriate event collateral.
- Introduction to Corporate Event Planning
- Creating Corporate Event Concepts
- Corporate Event Timelines
- Corporate Event Budgets and Financing
- Corporate Event Activities and Collateral
- Starting the Project
- Identifying the Target Audience
- Creating the Event Concept
- The Guest Experience
Here are some assignments that you’ll complete in this unit:
- Test your knowledge of corporate event planning basics, including event concepts, the guest experience and activity selection
- Analyze different event concepts and create a brand identity for a sample event
- Determine event dates that make sense for an event’s target audience
- Identify budget priorities for a sample event and determine how to reach profit goals