Corporate Event Planning Course Outline
This unit covers proper strategies for selecting and working with venues and caterers. You’ll learn how to evaluate venue elements, create requests for proposals (RFPs), negotiate with caterers, and build menus suited to specific events. Finish this unit by studying the event audiovisual and lighting technologies available and learning how to use them to increase audience engagement.
Every event needs a venue! Learn how to select an appropriate one and how a venue affects other elements of an event. You’ll learn about standard venue practices in the event industry, outdoor venue considerations, and venue layouts that best suit specific event needs and goals.
Finding your venue is only the first step. Learn how to create and distribute a venue request for proposal (RFP). You’ll also gain insight on negotiating with venues, selecting good partners, and maintaining relationships with venue representatives.
As most events require catering, you’ll learn about selecting, negotiating, and working with caterers. Find out how to build a menu and portion food for your guest count. Study serving styles, food and kitchen safety, and liability. You’ll also learn how to create an RFP for event catering.
Audiovisual and lighting play a major role in corporate events. Delve into the setup and techniques needed for using sound systems, laser projectors, and lighting rigs. Find out how to assess and support internet requirements for corporate events and use audience engagement technology.
Guest engagement has a big impact on the success of an event. Study how to select appropriate event entertainment along with best practices for livestreaming events, planning webinars, and working with AV providers.
- Corporate Event Venues and Catering
- Corporate Event Technology
- Working with Venues
- Corporate Event Catering
- Planning a Menu
- Catering Liability
- Working with A/V Technicians
- Audiovisual Troubleshooting
- Event Lighting
- Entertainment at Corporate Events
- Budgeting for Entertainment
- Trends in the Audiovisual Industry
- Audience Engagement Technology
Here are some assignments that you’ll complete in this unit:
- Test your knowledge of event venues and catering elements, and analyze how various factors can impact your event
- Research local venues and caterers to evaluate their suitability for sample event scenarios
- Test your knowledge of audience engagement and troubleshooting issues