Event Decor Course Outline
Unit A takes you through your role as an event decorator. Then you’ll jump right into your business training and learn how to set up your own business and sell your services. You’ll finish up the unit by learning how to conduct a client consultation and prepare an inspiration board.
Read on to learn more:
- Step right into your role as an event decorator. Find out what you’ll do each day, what types of services you can offer, and how you can start your career in this exciting field.
- Begin your business training with the first topic in this series: starting an event décor company. We’ll take you through this process one step at a time and before you know it you’ll have everything you need to launch your own company.
- There’s more involved in selling your event decorating services than you might think. Which services do you want to offer? How much are you going to charge for these services? Who will your customers be? You’ll take an in-depth look at these topics and then create service packages that match your goals for your company.
- Now that you know how to start up a business and how to sell your services it’s time to look at the client consultation process. Find out which question to ask your clients so you’ll have all the information you need to prepare a plan and design an event that exceeds their expectations.
Unit Preview Video
In this unit preview course instructor, Candice Coppola, discusses how she develops her inspiration boards for her clients.
Take a look at some of the practical assignments that you’ll complete in this unit:
- Introduce yourself to your tutor by completing a personal profile outlining your educational and career goals.
- Complete a quiz to test your knowledge of décor throughout history.
- Conduct competitive research in your area.