Festivals and Live Events Workshop
Unit A of your Festivals and Live Events Workshop introduces you to the foundations of live event planning. Learn how to apply the foundations of corporate event planning to live events. You’ll discover how to market and promote public events, as well as how to plan entertainment for sporting events.
- Begin your workshop with an introduction to festivals and entertainment events. You’ll learn about various event planning roles, and how to work with high-profile talent.
- Learn strategies for marketing festivals and live events. Through real-life case studies, you’ll learn how to plan, promote and produce concerts.
- Study the use of entertainment at sporting events and discover how to develop show concepts. You’ll also learn strategies for conflict resolution.
- Introduction to Festivals and Live Events
- Concert Promotion and Production
- Entertainment at Sporting Events
- Starting the Project
- Event Planning Roles
- Working with High-Profile Talent
- Planning Entertainment Events
- Marketing Festivals and Entertainment Events
- Aerosmith Concert
- Orange Bowl
Here are some assignments that you’ll complete in this unit:
- Identify how to solve problems dealing with ticket demand and unexpected changes to your event
- Create a show-flow script for a closing ceremony of a national multi-sport tournament
- Examine the poster design of upcoming shows in your area, and analyze their effectiveness