Please read the entire Enrollment Agreement below.
Note: If you are under 18 or under the age of majority in your state/province, you will need a parental consent form in order to enroll with QC. Please contact the School for further details.
Your 21-Day Money-Back Guarantee
You have 21 days from the date of enrollment to examine the course and materials. If you are not entirely satisfied or choose not to complete the course, contact the School within this 21-day period, either by phone or email.
- QC will provide you with shipping instructions and ask you to return the physical course materials, postage paid and with a tracking number. QC is not responsible for lost return shipments that do not have a valid tracking number.
- Your course fees will be refunded in full once QC has received your returned materials. Note that return shipping fees will not be covered or refunded by QC.
- Returned course materials must be unused and in their original condition. A full refund cannot be issued if any materials have been used or are not in their original condition.
- A full refund cannot be granted if you have already submitted course work to your tutor for grading. In this case, a partial tuition refund may be offered instead.
Tuition Payments & Installment Plans
If you choose to pay your course fees in monthly installments, you are obligated and agree to continue to make your scheduled payments until the entire tuition amount has been paid.
Tuition installment payments are processed according to a fixed monthly schedule. It is your responsibility to ensure the credit card provided has sufficient funds to cover your monthly tuition payment.
- If you know in advance that you will miss a tuition payment, contact the School as quickly as possible and a student advisor will work with you to change your scheduled payment date(s).
- You are allowed a maximum of three months of tuition deferrals within your payment schedule. A missed monthly payment is considered a tuition deferral.
- Should you miss a scheduled tuition payment, you are required to communicate with the School and arrange a replacement payment as quickly as possible. Your student center account will be placed "on hold" until your payments are up-to-date.
Once enrolled, you have two years to complete your courses. However, QC is happy to offer an extension to students who need more time. Simply contact the School to arrange an extension, before your two-year deadline. A nominal administration fee will be charged to your account.
Assignment Deadlines & Grading
There are no deadlines for submitting any assignment or course unit to QC.
Once a full unit has been submitted for grading, you will receive a grade and audio feedback from your tutor within 10 business days. Should your tutor take longer than 10 business days, contact the School for assistance.
Units are awarded a letter grade ranging from A+ (exceptional) to F (fail). A grade of C- or above is required to pass each unit.
Failing a unit (grade below C-) will require you to re-submit that unit. An administrative fee will be charged to your account when re-submitting a unit for grading.
At any point if you are unsatisfied with a unit grade, you can request to redo your assignments and re-submit that unit. Contact to school to make these arrangements. An administrative fee will apply.
Communication with Your Tutor
Student advisors will be your first point of contact for all communications with the School, including questions about your course and assignments or questions specifically for your tutor. Your student advisor may answer your questions directly, or may forward your request to your tutor and relay the answer back to you.
Withdrawals after the 21-day guarantee period are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to withdraw from your course(s) after the 21-day guarantee period, a student advisor will evaluate your student account to determine whether a withdrawal fee will apply.
- It is your responsibility to contact the School in writing via email if you wish to withdraw from your course(s).
- Automated tuition payments will continue to be processed, and you are responsible for meeting your tuition payment obligations until you have reached a withdrawal agreement with the School.
- Withdrawal fees are dependent on tuition fees paid to date, the course materials sent to you, and the amount of tutorial used. If you have completed significant course work, you may be charged additional fees before a withdrawal from the course is processed.
- QC reserves the right to refuse any withdrawal request after the 21-day guarantee period.
Code of Conduct
QC’s tutors and support staff are dedicated to providing a top-quality experience to all students. When you communicate with the QC Team, you will be greeted in a courteous, friendly and respectful manner.
Students who exhibit abusive, threatening or offensive behavior when communicating with any member of the QC team may be placed on academic probation or expelled from the School without a tuition refund.
QC considers cyber-bullying to be a serious and dangerous situation for all. Any individual who is identifiable as a QC student who is found to exhibit threatening, harassing, abusive or offensive behavior online may be placed on academic probation or expelled from the School without a tuition refund.
Cheating & Plagiarism
As a student of QC, you are expected to put in your best effort to complete your course work and assignments. Cheating, plagiarism, tampering, or falsification of your work in any way is not permitted.
If your tutor suspects your work to be the result of any form of cheating, your account may be immediately placed under academic probation while a review of your work is conducted. If your work is determined to be the result of cheating, you will receive a failing grade for that unit and will be required to pay a re-submission fee to submit the unit. Additional instances of cheating will result in immediate expulsion from the School without a tuition refund.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic email: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future email, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each message.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their personal website and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on October 10, 2013.
QC Career School
38 McArthur Ave
Ottawa ON K1L 6R2