Corporate Event Planning Course
QC’s Corporate Event Planning course is ideal for those who:
- Are looking for diversity in the type of events they plan as well as in their working environments
- Want the flexibility to work in a wide variety of industries
- Aim to work as an in-house planner for a company or corporation
- Aim to work for an established event planning company or firm
- Want to start their own corporate event planning business
- Plan to achieve maximum earning potential, with the prospect of a steady salary and benefits
Your Event Planner Certification
International Corporate Event Planning Professional™Graduate from your Corporate Event Planning course and receive the designation of International Corporate Event Planning Professional (ICPP). You’ll be able to use the initials ICPP after your name in all professional contexts. Your certification improves your credibility as an event planner, and gives you a competitive edge over other professionals in your area.
Your Course Curriculum
- Introduction to corporate event planning
- The planning process and the planner’s role
- Career opportunities
- Types of corporate events and typical event components
- Concept development and goal setting
- Target audience identification
- Event branding
- The guest experience
- Budget management and funding
- Activities, entertainment and collateral
- Venue research and selection
- Common venue policies and negotiation practices
- Seating arrangements and room layouts
- Catering considerations
- Audiovisual and lighting equipment
- The role of audience engagement technology
- Livestreaming, webinars and other tech-enhanced event elements
- Request for proposal (RFP) creation: venue, catering and audiovisual providers
- Event decor
- Corporate event designs and visual branding
- Marketing and promoting corporate events
- Multi-channel marketing strategies
- Event success evaluation tools
- Web design, SEO and content marketing for event promotion
- Special event considerations
- Risk management and contingency plans
- Event day-of setup
- Event and vendor insurance
- Internal business events
- Internal social events
- External corporate events
- Industry and public events
- Non-profit and government clients
- Three detailed case study analyses with event expert Mark Cheplowitz
- Event success evaluation
- Client consultation practices
- An event’s critical path
- Project management methods
- Managing project delays
- Business communication collateral
- Interpersonal communication
- Event accessibility and sustainability
Unit F: Practicum
- Case study analysis of the event planning process
- Hands-on final project: plan an entire event from beginning to end, working with a real-world client and scenario
Unit G: Optional Company Training
- Customizing resumes and cover letters
- Interview skills development
- Researching job opportunities
- Building a portfolio
Unit H: Optional Business Training
- Promoting your event planning services
- Starting a corporate event planning business
- Types of businesses
- Industry research
- Writing your business plan
- The four “P”s of marketing
- Creating a logo, slogan and tagline
- Building a digital marketing plan
Review a detailed course outline here.
How the Courses Work
Get StartedLearn at your own pace. Receive your course materials and get lifetime access to the Online Student Center.
LearnHands-on assignments. Learn to prioritize budgets, plan events from start to finish, and start your own business.
Excel1-on-1 feedback. Upload assignments and get personalized audio feedback from your industry-expert tutor.
SucceedLaunch your new career. Graduate in a few short months as a certified corporate event planning professional!
Near the end of your course, submit a final practicum assignment that summarizes everything you’ve learned. You’ll work with a real-world scenario that reflects your personal career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to choose between two assignment templates: creating a for-profit corporate event, or creating a social corporate event for a non-profit organization. You’ll plan the entire corporate event from beginning to end. Experience what it’s like to work with branding, marketing, changing circumstances, budgeting, and much more as you complete your assignment.
When you graduate, you’ll be fully prepared to work in the corporate event industry. Use your professional industry certification to boost your job prospects, performance, and salary!
Lifetime Access to Course Materials
Once you’re a member of the QC family you’ll have lifetime access to all the tools and resources available to QC students. This includes discounts on industry products and so much more!
Personalized Feedback from Industry Experts
Just because you’re learning online doesn’t mean you’re learning alone. You’ll receive personalized audio feedback from your tutor on every assignment you submit. Your tutor is an active industry professional.
Professional Business Resources
Catapult your career with access to real-world templates, self-study assignments, and bonus materials. Utilize these resources to develop your marketing and customer service skills.
Download the Course Preview
- View a sample assignment
- Review a complete course curriculum
- View details of your practicum unit
- Learn about the student/tutor connection
When you enroll with QC, you have 21 days to review the course and decide whether it’s the right fit for your career goals and learning style. If you decide that you do not want to take the course, simply contact the school and receive a full refund.
Ready to Get Started?
If you want a thriving career planning events in a variety of industries, corporate event planning could be the right path for you. Enroll today and take the first step towards a successful future—one where you are excited to go to work.
Plus, when you enroll with QC you are never alone. We are here to support you every step of the way to help you reach your career goals faster.