QC Event School
QC's Floral Design certification course provides students with the most comprehensive training available to succeed in the floral design industry.
- No previous training required—our professional floral design course is designed to take you from beginner to expert
- Personalized feedback & advice on your assignments from our top industry floral designers & artists
- Thriving virtual classroom to connect with other floral designers, get feedback, and gain access to bonus material
- Built-in business training to help you launch your career and grow your clientele as a certified floral designer
What Our Students and Grads Are Saying
We've helped 8000+ students and graduates start their own successful event and wedding planning business!
“Attending an online school allowed me to learn at my own pace in the comfort of my own home. I was able to work full-time, train a young puppy, plan my own wedding, and travel with my now-husband.”
“I like that QC has a community you can connect with and get help from while working on the course. It’s also very valuable to have a reputable certification that I can now hand to clients.”
“I found it incredibly fun and exciting. I think anyone who decides to take the course would enjoy it very much!”
“It's a nice feeling to be able to hang both my certificates on my wall for clients to see. I think people get a sense of ease when they know you're a certified professional.”
“I started taking my event and wedding planning course shortly after I had my baby. It fits into my lifestyle and my schedule.”
“Having this background and knowledge really prepared me and made me more confident about my decision to start a business.”
Here's What You'll Learn
QC's comprehensive floral design course will show you how to turn your clients' wildest dreams into a breathtaking reality. You'll learn how to:
- Plan and arrange beautiful floral designs for any occasion
- Choose and care for flowers to ensure long-lasting and fresh designs
- Work within a budget to design arrangements that truly wow your clients
- Work efficiently to increase productivity and improve your bottom line
- Build a brand and market your floral design business to attract clients
QC's Floral Design Certification
Once you graduate from your online Floral Design course, you'll receive the International Floral Design Professional (IFDP) certification. Your training and certification will cement your credibility as an industry professional and give you an advantage over other floral designers in your local industry.
International Floral Design Professional (IFDP)™
An International Team of Instructors
Meet Your New Floral Design Instructors
QC is proud to work with leaders of the global event planning industry, including recognized AIFD instructor Renee Tucci, to develop our courses. Our international team of instructors brings diverse experience and skills to aspiring event planners around the globe, ensuring a comprehensive and enriching educational experience.
With over 20 years of floral design experience, Renee Tucci, recognized by the American Institute of Floral Designers and Professional Floral Communicators International, is a dedicated instructor in the QC course, guiding students to master the art of floral design.
Mwai Yeboah, founder of Love From Mwai and multi-award winning planner, specializes in destination wedding planning. As the lead planner and designer, she transforms weddings and events into immersive experiences for luxury clients worldwide.
The Floral Design Course is divided into 6 parts, each comprising separate training units.
- Explore the different paths you can follow to build a career in the floral design industry
- Study the history of floral design, following the industry's popularity from Ancient Egypt all the way to modern times
- Learn about the most common types of arrangements you'll design throughout your career and how your clients will use them
- Discover the most popular flowers in the industry and learn how they'll contribute to your designs
- Learn about plant anatomy and plant care to ensure you can create healthy, long-lasting designs for your clients
- Discover the tools and supplies you'll need to care for your flower materials and build your designs
- Learn how to process and prepare your flowers and foliage for a design with step-by-step instructions
- Explore the mechanics involved in structuring a variety of floral designs
- Study the principles and elements of design and learn how to combine these concepts with your client's goals to design beautiful arrangements
- Learn how to create a floral design plan to account for every element of your design
- Study the various types of businesses and explore the best option for your floral design career
- Discover the steps involved in starting your business, whether you want to open a flower shop, specialize in floral design for events or work as a freelance florist
- Learn how to effectively market and promote your floral design business so that you stand out from the competition
- Explore your options for buying wholesale flowers and supplies and learn how to manage your floral inventory
- Learn effective communication and sales strategies to help you interact with customers in a professional way
- Discover the essential design considerations you'll need to account for when you create decorative arrangements, including the following: vase designs, foam and wire arrangements and sprays
- Follow step-by-step instructions led by floral design expert, Renee Tucci. Get inspired to create beautiful designs!
- Learn about flower selection and placement for decorative arrangements
- Explore different methods to polish your designs using decorative accessories
- Learn how to design flowers to wear and carry, including bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages
- Discover how you can create customized designs to coordinate with and enhance your client's special events and occasions
- Follow step-by-step instructions and detailed video tutorials to learn how to structure and design bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages
- Learn techniques to keep these designs fresh even when they can't be stored in water
- Discover how you can apply the fundamental floral design techniques you've learned so far to create advanced designs for your clients
- Follow step-by-step instructions and video examples to try your hand at creating specialty floral designs, including garlands, wreaths, large arrangements and aisle decor for events and special occasions
- Learn how you can use faux flowers to improve your designs and accommodate your clients' special requests
- Expand your creativity and skill set by experimenting with advanced designs
Have Questions About the Course?
Don't hesitate to reach out to our dedicated student support team for guidance and support. Your success is our priority!Contact Us
As a QC Student, you'll have access to an amazing event planning software, Aisle Planner! This software allows you to manage all your events at the touch of a button, from creating a project timeline to planning seating for your event to keeping track of all your clients, and so much more! For a limited time, all QC students can get a 6-month subscription to Aisle Planner, absolutely free!
“This course offers hands-on experience, from the comfort of your own home. You’ll also be provided with real-life client scenarios that will help you when you branch out into the industry. I highly recommend this QC Event School course to any aspiring florist.”
“QC Event School has prepared me so much for the event planning business because they don't miss a detail. I know that they have laid an outstanding foundation for my business to help it continue and grow.”