Event & Wedding Planning Course
QC’s most popular course shows you how to:
- Plan and organize milestone parties, weddings, industry special events, and more!
- Develop a theme, atmosphere, and vision for the event with your client
- Hire and negotiate contracts with popular and niche event vendors
- Plan a wedding program with special consideration to any religious or cultural variations
- Create and balance your client’s budget
- Market your event and wedding planning business
- Achieve your client’s goals for their event or wedding
You will graduate with an industry-recognized certification and designation so that you’re ready to launch a successful career in event and wedding planning.
QC’s Event & Wedding Planning course is ideal for those who:
- Are ready to start their own event and wedding planning business
- Want to work with an established event and wedding planning firm
- Aim to work as an in-house planner for an event venue
- Plan to achieve maximum earning potential with comprehensive event planner training
Your Event & Wedding Planner Certification
International Event and Wedding Planning Professional™Upon graduation, you will receive your certification and be able to use the designation of International Event and Wedding Planning Professional (IEWP). Use the designation on your website, business card, contracts, and other marketing materials. The IEWP Event & Wedding Planning certification is approved by the International Live Events Association and cements your credibility as an established industry professional. You will gain a competitive advantage over other planners in your local industry.
Your Course Curriculum
- Explore the ways in which you’ll create unique event concepts for your clients, focusing on various event components.
- Learn about the event planning time frame and process of organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- Discover how to work with clients to create an event budget, and learn strategies to keep your costs on track.
- Find out how to select appropriate venues based on client needs.
- Learn how to interview caterers and plan a menu with dietary restrictions and allergies in mind.
- Learn the planning process for children and teen parties, plus creative ways to celebrate milestone occasions.
- Assist clients with funeral arrangements for their loved ones, and study celebrations for religious rites.
- Discover planning differences for various events such as milestone, holiday, and themed parties.
- Learn the planning process for industry and special events, as well as for charities and community partners.
- Study strategies for risk management at events, and learn to create effective contingency plans.
- Explore types of insurance you need in order to protect yourself and your clients from potential risks.
- Learn about the wedding timeline and process of planning a wedding, step by step.
- Understand how to work within your client’s wedding budget, prioritizing elements that matter most to each couple.
- Learn how to plan pre-wedding parties, from the bridal shower to the rehearsal dinner.
- Discover how to help your clients create an appropriate guest list, and select wedding stationery.
- Study proper wedding attire and aesthetics, including wedding dress styles and dressing the wedding party.
- Discover what’s involved in both civil and religious wedding ceremonies, and learn how you can personalize the ceremony for your clients.
- Learn about executing a seamless reception by coordinating with vendors, entertainment, and other staff.
- Study how weddings are celebrated across a variety of different religions and cultures. You’ll learn tips for bringing traditions together from multiple backgrounds.
- Study the various types of businesses, financing and insurance options, and learn to write a business plan.
- Learn how to market and promote your event and wedding planning services.
- Explore strategies for networking with vendors, maintaining professional relationships, and working closely with clients.
- Learn effective project management strategies to keep your business running efficiently.
“I got so much out of the course and it was worth every penny. Not only did it teach me how to start my business but it also gives you a lot of hands-on experience. Not to mention a lot of behind-the-scenes advice on your business and important forms to get your brand started. Since graduating and receiving my certificate, I started my event planning business and the most exciting part [is] I’m booking weddings and other events.”
—Marie Luciano, IEWP
Review a detailed course outline here.
How the Courses Work
Get StartedLearn at your own pace. Receive your course materials and get lifetime access to the Online Student Center.
LearnHands-on assignments. Learn to prioritize budgets, plan events from start to finish, and start your own business.
Excel1-on-1 feedback. Upload assignments and get personalized audio feedback from your industry-expert tutor.
SucceedLaunch your new career. Graduate in a few short months as a certified event & wedding planning professional!
When you enroll, you will receive all the course materials you need to complete assignments and graduate from the course. Physical course guides and lesson texts will be sent to you.
Meanwhile, you will gain access to electronic copies of your course materials through your Online Student Center. Here, you will also submit assignments, connect with peers, and review your personal tutor’s evaluation and audio feedback for your assignments. As a graduate of QC Event School, you will gain lifetime access to updated resources on the Student Center.
Download the Course Preview
- View a sample assignment
- Watch a course video excerpt
- Review a complete course curriculum
- Hear from students who have taken the course
- Learn about the student/tutor connection
When you enroll with QC, you have 21 days to review the course and decide whether it’s the right fit for your career goals and learning style. If you decide that you do not want to take the course, simply contact the school to return your course materials and receive a full refund.
Ready to Get Started?
If you are great planning, love helping people achieve their goals, and enjoy meeting new people, a career in the event industry could be right for you. Enroll in the Event & Wedding Planning course today and take the first step towards a rewarding career.
When you are a student of QC Event School, you are never alone. QC’s unparalleled Student Support Services will support you every step of the way to help you achieve your career goals faster.