Event Decor Course
- Use color matching, popular themes, and the latest event design trends to create a cohesive and modern design for any event.
- Work with your clients to choose a theme that speaks to them while keeping true to the goal of the event.
- Orchestrate all elements of the event to create a beautiful and cohesive presentation that any client will be happy to pay for.
- Start your own event décor business, build your own event design brand and run your decorating business effectively.
- Incorporate event decor services into your existing event and wedding planning business if that is your goal.
QC’s Event Decor course is ideal for those who:
- Enjoy using their creativity to masterfully design weddings and events
- Have training in event or wedding planning and want to advance their career
- Want to start their own event décor business or work for someone else
Your Professional Certification
International Event Decorating Professional™When you graduate from the Event Décor course, you’ll receive a professional certificate and the designation of International Event Decorating Professional (IEDP). This certification provides you with credibility in the event and wedding industry, and will help you gain both clients and employment.
How the Courses Work
Get StartedLearn at your own pace. Receive your course materials and get lifetime access to the Online Student Center.
LearnHands-on assignments. Learn to prioritize budgets, plan events from start to finish, and start your own business.
Excel1-on-1 feedback. Upload assignments and get personalized audio feedback from your industry-expert tutor.
SucceedLaunch your new career. Graduate in a few shorts months as a certified event and wedding decorating professional!
Your Course Curriculum
- Learn about what an event decorator does on a day-to-day basis, as well as what services you can offer.
- Study the client consultation process. Find out which questions to ask, and learn how to use that information to plan and design an event concept.
- Explore how color scheme, color theory, and color psychology all impact the tone and atmosphere of an event. Learn about the most popular color schemes.
- Discover how to execute a cohesive theme through various elements.
- Learn how to create a practical layout for an event that incorporates your overall design.
- Discover the various types of flowers, the cost of each, and which flowers work well together. You’ll learn to work with florists to find the perfect match for your overall design.
- Find out how to match different centerpieces with a number of table styles, as well as how to incorporate stationary into table decor.
- Study lighting and its variations to understand how it affects mood and ambiance.
- Explore options for renting event decor and equipment, such as tables, chairs, tents, and more.
- Explore the steps to starting your own event decor business, and learn what you need to get started.
- Decide which services you will offer to clients, and know how much to charge for each service. Then, identify your target market.
- Learn how to build a brand, from creating your brand persona to developing marketing materials.
- Study strategies for maximizing your productivity. Learn to organize your time and manage business processes effectively.
- Understand the impact of social media on your business, and learn how to use social channels to network with clients.
Review a detailed course outline here.
Your Course Materials
As a student with QC, you’ll receive everything you need to complete the Event Décor course including lesson texts, course guides and video tutorials. You’ll also have lifetime access to QC’s Online Student Center, where you’ll find electronic copies of your course materials. Here, you’ll submit assignments, chat with peers, and review unit evaluations from your tutor.
Download Your Course Preview
- View a sample assignment
- Watch a course video excerpt
- Review a complete course curriculum
- Hear from students who have taken the course
- Learn about the student/tutor connection
QC’s Money-Back Guarantee
When you enroll, you have 21 days to review the course materials and decide whether you want to take the course. If you decide this course isn’t the right fit for you, simply contact the school to return your course materials and receive a full refund.