Private Event Planning Course
QC’s Private Event Planning course is ideal for students who:
- Are looking to plan more than just weddings
- Would like to work as an internal event planner for a company
- Wish to start their own event planning business
“Every moment I spent on this course was more than worth it. I learned both little and big details that I [otherwise] still wouldn’t know now! It really is a valuable course, with great tutors and support!”
—Claudia Montano, Event Décor student, Event & Wedding Planning graduate
Your Professional Certification
International Event Planning Professional™Once you graduate from QC’s Private Event Planning course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion and the professional designation of International Event Planning Professional (IEPP). Your designation demonstrates your credibility as an event planner, and will be invaluable as you build relationships with clients, partners and vendors.
Your Course Curriculum
- Explore the ways in which you’ll create unique event concepts for your clients, focusing on various event components.
- Learn about the event planning time frame and process of organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- Discover how to work with clients to create an event budget, and learn strategies to keep your costs on track.
- Study how to select an venue for each event, considering your client’s needs.
- Learn how to interview caterers and plan out a menu with dietary restrictions and allergies in mind.
- Explore the process of planning parties for children and teens, and find out how to creatively celebrate milestone occasions.
- Learn to assist clients with funeral arrangements for their loved ones, as well as how to plan celebrations for various religious rites.
- Discover planning differences when for various events such as milestone, holiday, and themed parties.
- Learn the planning process for industry and special events, as well as for charities and community partners.
- Study strategies for risk management at events, and learn to create effective contingency plans.
- Know the various types of insurance you need to use in order to protect yourself and your clients from potential risks.
- Study the types of businesses, financing and insurance options, and learn to write a business plan.
- Learn efficient ways to market and promote your event planning services to clients.
- Explore strategies for networking with vendors, maintaining professional relationships, and working closely with clients.
- Learn effective project management strategies to keep your business running efficiently.
“QC Event School is amazing, the course materials are pack with valuable information, tutors are real world event planners who have in field experience! In love with the event planning course and almost a graduate can’t wait to see journey this course takes me on!”
—Kassandra Brown, QC Event School Student
Review a detailed course outline here.
How the Courses Work
Get StartedLearn at your own pace.
Receive your course materials and get lifetime access to the Online Student Center.
Learn to prioritize budgets, plan events from start to finish, and start your own business.
Upload assignments and get personalized audio feedback from your industry-expert tutor.
SucceedLaunch your new career.
Graduate in a few short months as a certified event planning professional!
Your Course Materials
QC sends you everything you need to complete your course, including lesson texts, and course guides. You’ll gain lifetime access to the Online Student Center where you can access electronic copies of your course materials and course videos. Here, you’ll submit assignments, connect with peers, and review your tutor’s evaluation and audio feedback.
Download the Course Preview
- View a sample assignment
- Watch a course video excerpt
- Review a complete course curriculum
- Hear from students who have taken the course
- Learn about the student/tutor connection
When you enroll with QC, you have 21 days to review the course and decide whether it’s the right fit for your career goals and learning style. If you decide that you do not want to take the course, simply contact the school to return your course materials and receive a full refund.
Get Started Today
If you have a passion for planning events and enjoy meeting new people, a career in the events industry could be right for you. With QC, you’ll never be alone – we’re here to support you every step of the way!
Enroll today and take the first step towards a better future.