Start a successful career in the floral design industry with QC’s comprehensive, hands-on training. Launch your own business, work for an experienced floral designer, or incorporate your floral design skills into an existing career in event planning. If you are creative, love flowers, and want to add beauty to special moments in your clients’ lives, a career in the floral design industry could be right for you.
You’ll learn how to:
- Plan and arrange beautiful floral designs for any occasion
- Choose and care for flowers to ensure long-lasting and fresh designs
- Work with clients to create designs that exceed their expectations, but not their budgets
- Work efficiently to increase productivity and improve your bottom line
- Market your floral design business and attract clients
QC’s Floral Design Course is ideal for those who:
- Are creative and artistic
- Want to start a retail flower shop or launch a career in floral design
- Plan to specialize in floral design for events
- Aim to integrate floral design into an event decor business
- Love flowers!
Graduate with a professional certification, ready to launch a successful career as a floral designer.
Meet Your Expert Tutors
Renee Tucci has more than 20 years of progressive floral design and leadership experience in the retail and event marketplaces. Her experience is supported by a Bachelor of Science in Ornamental Horticulture with an emphasis in Floriculture and a minor in Business. Renee was inducted into the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) in 2016 and Professional Floral Communicators International (PFCI) in 2018. Renee is an educator with the AIFD Education Partner Program and a member of the national Teleflora Education team. Connecting with fellow designers and bringing the floral community together is one of her truest passions. In the course, you’ll learn from Renee as you watch her numerous instructional demonstrations. As a tutor, she is thrilled to help guide QC students along the way to mastering the art of floral design.
Mwai Yeboah is the founder of the destination wedding planning boutique specializing in floral design, Love From Mwai. As the lead planner and designer, she helps luxury and lifestyle clients turn weddings and events across the globe into immersive experiences. Mwai uses floral design to enhance her wedding experiences and engage the senses. Having learned from leading, celebrity floral designers and having attended several masterclasses, Mwai is an expert in creative and innovative floral design. Mwai holds a BA in Business Studies and Accounts, Masters in Business Administration, and Level 7 CIM Accredited Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management. With more than 15 years in the events industry, Mwai’s traveled the globe planning high-end events, been named to top 100 lists, and received multiple awards. Lux Magazine named Mwai Best Wedding Planner UK in 2018 and Best International Wedding Specialist in 2019. Mwai hit a career milestone when she was invited to help design a 1,200-guest wedding for one of Asia’s richest families. As a floral design tutor, Mwai helps students understand luxury floral design, style techniques, and high-end customer experience touchpoints so they turn heads with their designs and bring client visions to life.
Your Floral Design Certification
International Floral Design ProfessionalUpon graduation, you’ll receive your certification and be able to use the designation International Floral Design Professional (IFDP). You’ll be able to use the designation on your website, social media profiles, business cards, contracts and other marketing materials. Your training and certification will cement your credibility as an industry professional and give you an advantage over other floral designers in your local industry.
Your Course Curriculum
- Explore the different paths you can follow to build a career in the floral design industry
- Learn about the history of floral design, following the industry’s popularity from Ancient Egypt all the way to modern times
- Learn about the most common types of arrangements you’ll design throughout your career and how your clients will use them
- Discover the most popular flowers in the industry and learn how they’ll contribute to your designs
- Learn about plant anatomy and plant care to ensure you can create long-lasting designs for your clients
- Discover the tools and supplies you’ll need to care for your flower materials and build your designs
- Learn how to process and prepare your flowers and foliage for a design with step-by-step instructions
- Explore the mechanics involved in structuring a variety of floral designs
- Study the principles and elements of design and learn how to combine these concepts with your client’s goals to design beautiful arrangements
- Learn how to create a floral design plan to account for every element of your design
- Discover the essential design considerations you’ll need to account for when you create decorative arrangements, including the following: vase designs, foam and wire arrangements and sprays
- Follow step-by-step instructions led by floral design expert, Renee Tucci. Get inspired to create beautiful designs!
- Learn about flower selection and placement for decorative arrangements
- Explore different methods to polish your designs using decorative accessories
- Learn how to design flowers to wear and carry, including bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages
- Discover how you can create customized designs to coordinate with and enhance your client’s special events and occasions
- Follow step-by-step instructions and detailed video tutorials to learn how to structure and design bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages
- Learn techniques to keep these designs fresh even when they can’t be stored in water
- Discover how you can apply the fundamental floral design techniques you’ve learned so far to create advanced designs for your clients
- Follow step-by-step instructions and video examples to try your hand at creating specialty floral designs, including garlands, wreaths, large arrangements and aisle decor for events and special occasions
- Learn how you can use faux flowers to improve your designs and accommodate your clients’ special requests
- Expand your creativity and skillset by experimenting with advanced designs
- Study the various types of businesses and explore the best option for your floral design career
- Discover the steps involved in starting your business, whether you want to open a flower shop, specialize in floral design for events or work as a freelance florist
- Learn how to effectively market and promote your floral design business so that you stand out from the competition
- Explore your options for buying wholesale flowers and supplies and learn how to manage your floral inventory
- Learn effective communication and sales strategies to help you interact with customers in a professional way
- In this specialized unit, you’ll learn from event expert, floral designer and QC tutor, Mwai Yeboah. She shares everything she learned while transitioning her event company to also include floral design services
- Get inspired by Mwai’s immense success and learn all her business secrets including positioning your brand, adding floral design to your event packages, creating and executing a floral design plan, communicating with clients, and more!
“I got so much out of the course and it was worth every penny. Not only did it teach me how to start my business but it also gives you a lot of hands-on experience. Not to mention a lot of behind-the-scenes advice on your business and important forms to get your brand started. Since graduating and receiving my certificate, I started my event planning business and the most exciting part [is] I’m booking weddings and other events.”
—Marie Luciano, IEWP