Wedding Planning Course
QC’s Wedding Planning course is ideal for students who:
- Prefer to plan weddings
- Want to start their own wedding planning business
- Are looking to work for an established wedding planning company
“Every moment I spent on this course was more than worth it. I learned both little and big details that I [otherwise] still wouldn’t know now! It really is a valuable course, with great tutors and support!”
—Claudia Montano, Event Décor student, Event & Wedding Planning graduate
Your Professional Certification
International Wedding Planning Professional™Once you graduate from QC’s Wedding Planning course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion and the professional designation of International Wedding Planning Professional (IWPP). Your designation demonstrates your credibility as a wedding planner, and will help you develop positive relationships with clients and industry professionals.
Your Course Curriculum
- Explore the ways in which you’ll create unique wedding concepts for your clients, focusing on various components.
- Learn about the wedding timeline and process of planning a wedding, step-by-step.
- Understand how to work within your client’s wedding budget, prioritizing elements that matter most to each couple.
- Learn the considerations for selecting a venue that contributes to your concept.
- Find out how to select an appropriate caterer for your client’s wedding.
- Discover how to help your clients create a guest list, and learn the roles of the wedding party.
- Learn how to plan pre-wedding parties, from the bridal shower to the rehearsal dinner.
- Study wedding attire and aesthetics, from wedding dress styles and dressing the wedding party.
- Discover what’s involved in both civil and religious wedding ceremonies, and learn how you can personalize the ceremony for your clients.
- Study how weddings are celebrated across a variety of different religions and cultures. You’ll learn tips for bringing traditions together from multiple backgrounds.
- Learn about executing a seamless reception by coordinating with vendors, entertainment, and other staff.
- Study the various types of businesses, financing and insurance options, and learn to write a business plan.
- Learn efficient ways to market and promote your wedding planning services to clients.
- Explore strategies for day-of problem solving as a wedding planner, so that your client’s big day can run smoothly.
- Learn effective project management strategies to keep your business running efficiently.
“I’m happy to have the opportunity to work with amazing and talented people in our industry and the chance to work in completely different and unique wedding locations and venues. From a converted country convent to a glamorous city venue, beach locations, and historic homes and gardens—every day is different.”
—Michelle Panton, IWPP and owner of Belle Weddings and Events
Review a detailed course outline here.
How the Courses Work
Get StartedLearn at your own pace. Receive your course materials and get lifetime access to the Online Student Center.
LearnHands-on assignments. Learn to prioritize budgets, plan events from start to finish, and start your own business.
Excel1-on-1 feedback. Upload assignments and get personalized audio feedback from your industry-expert tutor.
SucceedLaunch your new career. Graduate in a few short months as a certified wedding planning professional!
Your Course Materials
QC sends you everything you need to complete your course, including lesson texts, course guides, and video tutorials. You’ll gain lifetime access to the Online Student Center where you’ll find electronic copies of your course materials. Here, you’ll submit assignments, connect with peers, and review your tutor’s evaluation and audio feedback.
Download the Course Preview
- View a sample assignment
- Watch a course video excerpt
- Review a complete course curriculum
- Hear from students who have taken the course
- Learn about the student/tutor connection
When you enroll with QC, you have 21 days to review the course and decide whether it’s the right fit for your career goals and learning style. If you decide that you do not want to take the course, simply contact the school to return your course materials and receive a full refund.
Get Started Today
If you have a passion for planning weddings and enjoy meeting new people, a career in the event and wedding industry sounds right for you. With QC, you’ll never be alone—we’re here to support you every step of the way!
Enroll today and take the first step towards a brighter future.