Business, Event Planning Tips, From the Experts, Wedding Planning Tips
Establishing a Vendor List
Networking and building genuine relationships throughout your event planning career is extremely important in this industry. You’ll be working closely with vendors who are also related to the event planning industry, so be invested in your relationships and always look for ways you can help each other out. It’s all about give and take!
So how do you establish a list of vendors you want to work and have a relationship with? In this short video, QC Event School tutor and event planning expert, Candice Coppola, explains looking for the right vendors and how to connect with them!
Here are some of Candice’s key points:
- First, research vendors in your area
- Look for vendors who seem to be like-minded (in business practices and aesthetic)
- Look for vendors who are already in front of an audience you want to be in front of (look at their social media and followers, look at their portfolio to see who their clients are)
- Reach out to them and let them know about your company, your services, and exactly what you’re capable of
- Tell them you’d love the opportunity to meet them at a convenient time for them and discuss how you can build a mutually beneficial relationship
When reaching out and establishing your vendor list, remember to ask yourself:
- “What can I do for this vendor?”
- “What can I do to help them get business?”
- “How can I make this a good working relationship for everybody?”
Remember, when establishing relationships with event planning vendors, be genuine, invested, and ready to help one another.