Top Event Planning Software
Event planners have varying opinions about using event planning software. Some prefer to organize things their own way without being tied to the format of a software. Other planners enjoy being able to organize, store, and communicate the details of their events using systems that help specifically with guest lists, seating plans, to do lists, caterers, and websites.
Easy access to smartphone and tablet applications has increased the number of planning software and apps available. There are apps designed to give you every planning tool you’ll need in one place and there are apps that concentrate specifically on one aspect of planning.
If you’re considering event planning software, ask yourself:
- What kind of event are you planning?
- How big is the event?
- How many people do you need to communicate with?
- Is the number of details for you to coordinate manageable or overwhelming?
When you’re choosing a planning app or software, look for options that:
- Are easy to use
- Have a “tips” section or support services in case you run into trouble
- Have good customer reviews and a positive reputation
- Have the features you need most, rather than tools that sound impressive but that you’ll never use
- Offer free trials for paid software so you can test it before you commit
Check out these popular event planning apps and software!
Bizzabo is an all-in-one planning platform that lets you build a website and create a mobile app for the event, organize agendas and emails, take guest polls, and network with guests and clients. It’s designed as a user-friendly way for planners to do everything in one place from beginning to end.
- Pro: It has intuitive layouts and a system that targets small to medium events, rather than only large corporations like many all-in-one apps do.
- Con: The system’s features work well with each other within the app itself, but they don’t integrate easily with other apps that you might have information stored in.
etouches is web-based all-in-one app, offering website and app development, budgeting tools, and networking capabilities. It was created by actual event planners, so it includes a free trial and 24 hour live support.
- Pro: The app covers all of the basic needs for planning an event very easily, making it a one-stop shop.
- Con: Some advanced functions are complex and take more time to figure out.
3. Planning Pod
Planning Pod is designed specifically for events put on by and for small businesses, but it’s also extremely useful for wedding planning. It’s a web-based software that features many different planning tools, including calendars, checklists and to-do lists, file uploading capabilities, and more.
- Pro: The software is compatible with other apps commonly used by event planners, such as Facebook, Google calendars, and the contacts list in your cell phone.
- Con: The software doesn’t include website and app development, so if your clients want a website for their wedding or event, you’ll have to use another service.
4. Google Drive
Google Drive is a useful file-syncing service that lets you write, store, organize, and transfer text files, spreadsheets, and slideshow presentations. It’s not designed specifically for event planning, but many planners who prefer to control their own details and just need a place to access electronic files use it in their planning process.
- Pro: Files can be shared to multiple audiences, so planners and clients can both access many documents at once. Planners can even give clients and vendors permission to edit documents in order to communicate and keep each party updated.
- Con: Photos and documents are the only features that Google Drive deals with, so planners who also want calendars, interactive checklists, or website development will need to use other software as well.
Whova is an app designed to improve attendee experience., and its features are incredibly easy to navigate. The app provides attendees with a detailed agenda, links to more information about the event and its sponsors or contributors, and even ways to network and follow up with other attendees later on!
- Pro: The app is free for attendees to download, easy to use, and it keeps everyone informed and updated extremely well.
- Con: Because it concentrates primarily on attendee experience, it doesn’t feature many tools that help planners organize leading up to the event. But, it will make your event run smoothly!
6. Event Alpha
Event Alpha is a web-based “tool box” of event planning and website applications. It’s a combination of all-in-one planning software and apps that only deal with specific aspects of planning, customized by you according to what you really need.
- Pro: Planners can adjust their platform, using only a few of the tools or all of them and adjusting them to do basic or more advanced functions.
- Con: The sheer number of tools and customization options available can be overwhelming for first time planning software users. The apps are user friendly but the system can take time to figure out.
Choose what’s best for you!
Remember that sometimes it’s better to use multiple tools that are exactly what you need to get the job done, rather than a single tool that does everything but doesn’t do it very well. Evaluate your needs, test out a few products, and make an informed choice!