How to Become a Certified Event Planner in as Little as 3 Months!
First Thing’s First: Congratulations!
You’ve made a fantastic decision to become a certified event planner by getting professionally trained at QC Event School. Yay! This is a very exciting endeavor and you should be extremely proud of yourself. After all, for most, the hardest part is taking that first step… and you’ve just done that!
QC’s distance, self-paced learning environment is designed to be done from the comfort of home. Moreover, you’re given the complete freedom to work through your training program in as little or as much time as you need in the allotted 2-year timeframe. However, you’re probably very eager to jump in and work hard to receive your event planner certification. And why wouldn’t you be? This is your dream career!
So, what can you do to you maximize your educational experience in a timely manner? How can you become a certified event planner in as little as 3 short months? Let’s take a look at 5 of our top tips to help you along your journey!
How to Become a Certified Event Planner in as Little as 3 Months
Tip #1: Get Focused!
Before you begin your certification training with QC Event School, take some time to settle in and get focused. The best way to approach your studies is to first have a clear understanding of what you can expect. With this in mind, here are a few things you can do:
- Go over the entire course outline thoroughly, as well as the digital and physical course materials you’ve received from QC Event School. By getting acquainted with how the coursework is structured and laid out, there won’t be any surprises down the road!
- Ensure that you fully understand how to work through each unit and submit your assignments correctly.
- Ask for clarification on anything you don’t understanding now. This way, you won’t waste valuable time later. If you ever need assistance, remember that QC’s Student Support Team is available 7 days a week. You can contact them here!
Tip #2: Get Organized!
If you truly want to become a certified event planner in as little as a few months, organizational skills will be your BEST friend! Keeping on top of your studies will help ensure a successful and time-focused experience! QC Event School’s certification programs requires you to complete a number of different tasks throughout your assignments. Thus, staying organized as much as possible is a MUST!
Here are some tricks that can help you work through your program efficiently:
- Set up a quiet, dedicated study space!
- Make sure you have a good internet connection!
- Organize a professional desk space!
- Have proper task lighting!
- Let your friends and family know when you plan to commit to your coursework each week!
- Before getting started, double-check that you have all the necessary materials and tools!
Tip #3: Become a certified event planner more quickly by establishing strong study habits!
If your goal is to become a certified event planner in just 3 months, you’ll need to make sure you have strong study habits! This will be key for your success. As a frame of reference: many of QC Event School’s past graduates have stated that by simply devoting 1-2 hours to their studies per week, they were able to finish their course in as little as 3 months (sometimes less).
If 1-2 hours per week sounds like a small amount of time, it’s because it is. All the same, maintaining that consistent schedule week after week requires a certain level of self-discipline. Thus, we recommend putting these strong study habit activities into practice, in order to stay focused and disciplined:
- Remove ALL of the distractions from your study space!
- Turn off your phone, email, TV, and other technology! Of course, that being said, if you happen to work better with some background noise, then do whatever you need to do to get you into the zone.
- Go at your own pace while working through the course! That’s why QC Event School provides a self-paced learning environment, after all!
- Approach this online course as seriously as you would an in-person one!
- Let others know when you are studying and that you’ll be unavailable during that time!
- If there are certain study tools that assist your unique learning style, don’t hesitate to use them!
- Have trouble with background noise? Use noise-cancelling headphones!
- Make sure, to the best of your ability, that you are well-rested! On that note, eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water while you’re at it. All of these things combined will only help your brain power!
- Take notes as you progress through each Unit, and then make sure to review them often!
- Watch QC’s instructional videos as many times as you want/need!
Tip #4: Focus on time management!
Manage your time both wisely and efficiently. This will definitely help you to become a certified event planner in as little as 3 months. Consequently, if you don’t manage your time properly, or tend to procrastinate a lot, you will slow down your progress in a big way.
Are your time management skills are a little rusty? No problem! Start with these simple (but important) tasks:
- Create a realistic schedule and weekly calendar that work well for you – and that you know you can actually follow.
- Dedicate 1-2 hours per week to your studies.
- Keep your sights focused. Work on one unit at a time, instead of thinking too far ahead and biting off more than you can chew.
- Set small, achievable goals every week, such as for when you want to turn in each assignment.
- Stay focused and on task by setting yourself a timer.
Tip #5: Become a certified event planner in as little as 3 months by staying motivated!
As you jump into your certification training with QC Event School, remember that staying motivated is extremely important. After all, you can’t possibly stay on track if you lose your drive. When we lose our motivation, falling behind becomes all too easy. Furthermore, the longer we fall behind, the harder it feels to get back into the swing of things again.
The better you can avoid this, the sooner you’ll be able to graduate and become a certified event planner! Here are some tips to keep your motivation high and your passion inflamed:
- Make your study space as positive, decluttered, and peaceful as possible.
- Take frequent breaks whenever needed. You won’t be able to get the most of your training if your brain is fried. So, step away for a few minutes here and there. Have a snack, watch a YouTube video, or go outside for a little walk in the fresh air!
- Keep water nearby and remember to stay hydrated.
- If you’re currently doing reading and find yourself zoning out, switch gears and watch one of your instructional videos instead.
- Stay focused on WHY you’re taking this course, why you want to become a certified event planner, what your career goals are, etc.
- Explore popular industry trends, read publications, observe local art, attend events, etc. This will all help keep your motivation levels high!
How to Become a Certified Event Planner in 3 Months: Final Thoughts
If you follow all of these tips and consider what works best to help YOU stay on track, I guarantee you’ll be able to reach your goal and become a certified event planner in just 3 short months! From there, once you do graduate, you’ll be that much closer to putting your career goals into action! So, go forth and turn your dreams into a reality. You’ve got this!