Start Your Career in Floral Design!
Written by Debbie Lawrie.
As an event planner, you understand the importance of beautiful, show-stopping floral arrangements at your clients’ events. Attractive floral design help enhance event decor and increase client satisfaction. By learning about floristry, you can offer your clients a great packaged deal: your event planning services AND stunning floral decor!
Creating a unique event for each client is central to a successful event planning business. You frequently use your creativity to choose event decor and design special events. By learning about floristry, you can also create arrangements specific to the celebrations you plan. You can open up your event planning business to a whole new world by adding these additional skills to your repertoire!
Did you know that QC Event School is launching a brand new Floral Design Course in the coming weeks? When you enroll in this course, you’ll get the chance to learn from floral expert and QC tutor, Renee Tucci! You’ll discover industry tips and tricks to improve your skill-set and create stunning arrangements.
So, let’s look at the main features of this exciting new course!
Introducing: QC’S Floral Design Course
This new course will teach you all the skills you need to create eye-catching floral arrangements and decor! You’ll also learn all about the different paths you can take to start your floral design career. Perhaps you dream of working in a flower shop. Or maybe you want to start your own business as a florist, specialize in floral designs for events, or offer floral design as part of your event decorating services.
In any case, this seven-unit course will provide ALL the training you need to build a successful career in the floral industry! In particular, you’ll learn about:
- The history of floral design;
- Modern floral design styles;
- Properly caring for cut flowers, leaves, and stems;
- Choosing flowers and foliage to suit different floral design styles;
- Common types of flower arrangements, including centerpieces, bouquets, decorative arrangements, and flowers to wear;
- Important floral design tools, mechanics, and equipment;
- Planning and creating stunning arrangements, with practical hands-on assignments;
- Designing floral arrangements to match event concepts;
- Launching and marketing your own business;
- Incorporating floral design into your event business;
- And SO much more!
You’ll learn all this (and more) through beautiful, full-color texts, as well as over four hours’ worth of video tutorials, led by expert designer, Renee Tucci!
Meet the Expert
As part of your training, expert floral designer and QC tutor, Renee Tucci, will guide you through the design process in our video tutorials. With over 20 years of industry experience and knowledge, Renee will provide you with insider tips to enhance your floral designs and improve your creative skill-set. She has been inducted into the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD), as well as the Professional Floral Communicators International (PFCI). Renee is also a member of the national Teleflora Education team. Her truest passion is bringing the floral community together by sharing her wealth of knowledge with other designers.
First, you’ll learn about the basics, including flower care, design mechanics, and safe stem-cutting practices. Then Renee dives into creating a wide range of floral arrangements. You can follow along step-by-step as Renee designs bouquets, vase arrangements, and so much more!
Bringing together floristry and event planning can only improve your event business. In her recent Online Workshop, Renee discussed how pairing event planning with floral design is an effective way to boost interest in your business. This is because you’ll be able to cater to a wider range of clients in your role as an event planner with specialized floral design services.
Fun Facts About QC’s Floral Design Course
In case the information above wasn’t impressive enough, here are some additional advantages of enrolling in QC Event School’s upcoming Floral Design Course:
- The course is 100% self-paced and can be studied anywhere in the world!
- You’ll have 2 full years to complete the course!
- By studying for just a couple hours every week, you can easily finish the course in as little as 2-3 months!
- You’ll learn from the best – your tutor will be a floral design industry professional!
- QC Event School holds an A+ ranking from the Better Business Bureau, and is also approved by the International Live Events Association (ILEA)!
- You’re training at an internationally-leading, online school that has been in the e-learning business for 35 years!
- When you complete the course, you’ll receive a physical certificate to show that you have reputable floral design training! This certificate will strengthen your resume, help you secure work, and attract clients – which means a higher salary for you!