Why You Should Take QC’s Online Event Planner Courses
Thinking about enrolling in QC Event School’s online event planner courses? Student Ambassador, Nicole Thielmann, is here to tell you exactly what you can expect! As the proud owner of Willow North Events, Nicole is also a graduate of two QC event planner courses. With a long list of happy clients, her business specializes in social events, weddings, and handmade event decor.
After planning my own wedding, I knew that I wanted to pursue a career in the event and wedding planning industry. Shortly after completing my professional training through QC, I opened up my own business. I now specialize in planning rustic and boho chic weddings and events. On top of that, I also make my own wedding and event decor.
Today, I want to discuss with you the importance of proper training when going into the event planning industry. As you may or may not know, professional training is not actually required for event and wedding planners. But that doesn’t mean it’s still not strongly recommended!
The Benefits of Professional Training
Nobody wants to dive into a new career without having any knowledge or confidence in what they’re doing. There are countless reasons why a proper background is essential to a success career! For instance, with professional training, you can:
- Strengthen your skill-set;
- Improve your qualifications and resume;
- Create better appeal to prospective clients and/or employers;
- Learn how to successfully launch / run your own business;
- Increase your chances for success in the professional industry;
- And much more!
Pursuing Event Planner Courses Online
I decided that professional training was the right choice for me because I had never worked as an event planner before. Gaining confidence in the field, as well as a strong skill-set, was very important to me. I had aspirations of launching my own business. If I didn’t know what I was doing, there was no way this endeavor would be a success.
During my research into event planner courses, QC Event School came across my radar. Immediately, I noticed that they had great reviews, an informative website, and a very strong social media presence. But more importantly, the training they offered was completely online and self-paced.
This was a GREAT option for me! After all, I was already working a full-time job. I didn’t have the availability to go back to a brick-and-mortar school – much less on a full-time basis. Online learning, on the other hand, is a great way to be able to pursue your education without interfering with your other commitments.
(This is especially true now, with so many schools being closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.)
Notable QC Event School Perks
I did a lot of research before enrolling in my online event planner courses. In doing so, I learned a handful of key facts about QC Event School that really caught my attention. Here’s a list of the most important perks that stood out to me (and might for you, too):
- QC has been a pioneer of online learning since 1984;
- They have an A+ ranking with the BBB are ILEA-approved;
- Their school and certifications are recognized all over the world;
- QC offers competitive tuition rates, flexible payment options, and regular monthly promotions;
- Graduates of one course can take any additional QC courses at 50% off;
- The tutors are all real industry professionals with years of experience;
- Learning is 100% self-paced and can be done from virtually anywhere that you want;
- You have up to 2 full years to complete a course on your own schedule – but can easily graduate in as little as 3-6 months;
- QC’s reliable support staff are always there to help with any questions along the way;
- As a student, you have access to a full community of fellow students, grads, and tutors from within the Online Student Center and Virtual Classroom
What to Expect from QC’s Event Planner Courses
But how useful are QC’s courses themselves? Let’s talk about that!
QC offers a variety of different courses – from event and wedding planning, to corporate event planning, to destination and luxury planning, to floral design, to virtual events training, and more! Back when I decided to enroll, they had a great promotion running that allowed me to sign up for a second course at a HUGE discount. I quickly received my course materials and got started.
The curricula for their online event planner courses are all very well-thought-out and easy to follow. Personally, I found the materials and assignments to be great! In fact, I still refer to them to this day if I need a little refresher or inspiration for one of my events. I was assigned a tutor that provided me with thorough, personalized feedback throughout the entire course. From beginning to end, I always felt supported.
How QC’s Training Stands Out
Here are a few key aspects of the event planner courses that really set QC apart from the rest:
- Students receive both physical AND digital access to their course materials;
- Course materials include textbooks, instructional videos, and illuminating assignments;
- Each course is less than 40 hours long;
- Many of the assignments are based on real-world scenarios that get you to actually contact and network with local vendors in your area;
- There’s an entire business training module included in the course, which is super helpful if you plan to start your own business;
- Tutor feedback is provided after each unit and is a valuable resource throughout your learning;
- You’ll receive an internationally-recognized certification once the course is completed;
- And so much more!
Food for Thought
All in all, I can say with complete confidence that taking QC’s online event planner courses has positively impacted my career as a professional planner.
I learned how to plan an event from start to finish. My training allowed me to begin building my network, and I learned valuable business skills that helped me organize my own business goals. Ultimately, getting professionally trained has helped me to feel confident about my future!
QC’s online event planner courses have been paramount to my success. If you are also considering taking the plunge and starting a career in the event planning industry, I highly recommend enrolling with QC Event School. You will take away so much valuable information and make some necessary connections in the industry. Let’s make 2021 the year we follow our dreams!
If you’re interested in any more information about my experience, I encourage you to connect with me in the Virtual Classroom on Facebook. I wish you all the best this upcoming year. Thanks for reading!